Stick to your Healthy New years resolutions
How do you keep your self accountable to your new years resolutions? The two most popular are weight loss and exercise more.
- Have a plan; Meet with a professional to help you develop an exercise plan that will help you reach your specific goals so you see results.
- Make sure to make your exercise regimen is part of your daily schedule…so that means put it on the calendar.
- You should change your exercise every 6-12 weeks so you do not get bored.
- If you have a partner to help you stay on track it some times helps to have a workout buddy.
- Remember that more is not better when you first start out exercising again so take it slow.
- If you fall off the exercise bus one day remember that you can get back on the next day.
- A good affirmation for you is “today is the day to do what I did not do the day before”
- Make sure you put your exercise goals and time committment in perspective of other obligations, such as family, friends,hobbies, etc.
It takes time to make changes and if you are not able to consistently hold your self accountable then hire a trainer to see you at least 1-2x a week to build up your new habit; someone to hold you accountable will make it easier to stick to.
Well I am not going to tell you that it is going to be easy to stick to your goals of more exercise but, it can be done. Know your self and plan accordingly.
Thank you for your time and energy…Be well
If you need any guidance or accountability please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jaime J. Hernandez
Health and Exercise Prescriptions
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO SUBSCRIBE