The skin is the biggest organ in the human body. It is some times called the Third kidney. The body should eliminate about two pounds of waste a day through our liver, kidney’s, skin,bowls and lungs.
Sweating is a great way to help your other elimination organs stay healthy.
We are going to talk about how the steam room(120 Degrees wet heat) or sauna (160-190 Degrees dry heat) can help detox your body.
When you go into a sauna or steam room your body goes into what they call Hyperthermia or artificially induced fever. Which means your body temp rises above 98.96 deg F. People have used steam baths for thousands of years in many cultures.
What are the benefits of steam room/sauna sessions?
- The biggest benefit is that it helps purge toxins through your sweat. Your body has about 2-3 million sweat glands and during a steam room/ sauna session you can get rid about one-fourth of your toxins.
- Rejuvenating the skin with heat really helps to bring blood flow to the smallest capillaries (lymphatic) ; 70 percent of these are superficial capillaries located near, or just under, the skin. Getting blood flow to these capillaries gets oxygen and nutrients to help keep your skin cells healthy and give your skin a healthy glow.
- Boosting your immune system by inducing an artificial fever. Fever triggers the body to release white blood cells, antibodies and a protein called interferon. The white blood cells, which are produced in the bone marrow, help to defend the body against infectious diseases and foreign materials. Antibodies are proteins which help protect against disease-causing micro-organisms and interferon is any group of proteins produced by cells in the body in response to an attack by a virus.
- Steam helps with your respiratory system by releasing mucous and reliving inflammation. Steam creates a natural expectorant for your body and so helping with asthma and allergys.
- The heat allows your body to relax muscles which helps with stress. Also if you have arthritis is seems to help.
- NATURAL SPORTS DRINK
- 1 quart good quality water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or fresh sugar cane juice
- 1/4 teaspoon natural salt (I like “The Original” Himalayan Crystal Salt)
- Juice of one lemon, or more to taste